Osteopaths can support athletes in rebalancing the mechanical and physiological processes that are the basis of performance, as well as in the prevention and recovery of injuries, working in synergy with other staff professionals such as coaches, doctors, physiotherapists and mental coaches.
Our objective is to promote osteopathy in sport, ensuring a high standard of training in terms of safety, effectiveness and concrete response to the needs of the athlete, with reference to the EBP (Evidence Based Practice) approach.
WHAT WE DO
- We promote sports osteopathy with the production and dissemination of information material and educational supports, as well as with the organisation of courses and conferences, also in partnership with other bodies dealing with related disciplines.
- Our members participate in sporting events as therapists supporting athletes.
- We organise laboratories and clinics to support, prevent and treat professional athletes of all levels.
- Scientific Technical Committee (STC): deals with identifying quality scientific publications and validating course and conference programmes, guaranteeing a high scientific standard.
- Centre for Studies and Research (CSR): in close collaboration with the STC, it deals with the development of study and research projects and the evaluation of programmes for courses and conferences. The CSR is responsible for the editing of our journal Osteopathy in Sport.
- Clinical laboratory (LAB): deals with providing an osteopathic service to athletes and sports clubs, who request it, during sports events.
BECOME A MEMBER
Reserved for qualified osteopaths. Each member receives a membership card as well as subscription to and full online access to the Osteopathy in Sport journal and the association t-shirt. Members may also participate in the life of the association and participate at a reduced price in all initiatives organised or sponsored by the association.
Anyone can register as a supporting member, receive a membership card and take advantage of advice under special conditions from our sports osteopath members.
Each athlete member receives a membership card and can take advantage of advice under special conditions from our sports osteopath members.
Sports clubs can join, receive a membership certificate and support under special conditions for athletes from our sports osteopath members.